搜索
查看: 4351|回复: 9

[转帖] XTC 小组成员 对于重生的分析与推测~~还是英文的~~

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-4-26 12:58:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 0809000 于 2011-4-26 13:02 编辑

这个东西内容太丰富~~~~其实就是我看不懂~~~~谁有兴趣谁翻译~~~其实我也想知道写了些啥~~

原帖地址:X Rebirth screen shot analysis and speculation

原作者貌似和发XTC那人是一个人~~难道说官方这次做重生把XTC小组彻底排除在外了?

OK lets pull these screen shots apart and see what we can see. Most of this will be based on the tech we know is available in modern games, and some of it will be my own guesses from what can be seen.

For ease of reference I suggest having each image open in a separate tab so you can flick between what I am commenting on and the picture itself to have a look.

Right, first picture.

Quite a bit going on in this scene once you start to look at it and pull it apart in detail. Although the focus of the image is the ship in the foreground, lets ignore that for the moment and look at the 'roid.

On the two left most sections of the 'roid (the ones least obscured by the ship itself) it is worth looking at the shadows. They are deep, black and have very high contrast, exactly like shadows in space really are. This is clearest in the craters facing the camera, but if you look at the image a little longer you can see that the shadows are not reserved for just the large features, but also are created by smaller texture details on the rock surface as well. The more oblique the 'roids surface is to the light the more of the smaller details become apparent through shadowing. (Most noticeable on the lower of the left hand pieces.)

To have shadows of that detail clearly points to heavy use of ambient occlusion. I also think that this is real time AO and not baked into a texture in the same way it was on the Terran stations in TC. Why? OK I'll tell you.

Take a look at the ship in the foreground. On the far right of the ship, at the top right of the hanger entrance/exit (could be either or both), you can see a shadow cast by the roof of the hanger bay onto the side wall. Ships move, which means you cannot bake shadows into the textures, but this shadow has the same depth to it as the one on the 'roid does.

Moving on from AO, if you take another look at that shadow, it has a shape to it and has quite a detailed edge, so this is not a low quality blocky 'fake' shadow map being cast, this is a high res shadow cast by the model itself. Full dynamic lighting effects anyone? Additionally the shadow has very nice looking soft edges too it, but while they are soft the dispersal of light is kept to a minimum. Which means that although it sounds like a contradiction, the soft edges are kept crisp and sharp.

The ship itself almost looks drawn - if we didn't know it was an in-game screen shot you could be fooled into thinking it was a bit of concept art. So I can see where some may think of cell shading here, but it is actually the high contrast edges cause by AO that gives everything an outlined drawn look. We are not used to seeing (the human eye and brain that is) such high contrast levels as we live in an atmosphere which scatters and bounces light creating ambient lighting. It is how you can see the side of a chair (or whatever) even though it is facing away from the light source (a window or a light bulb for example). While you still get light bouncing about in space, there is no scattering effect from the atmosphere which means that shadows are very high in contrast compared to what we are used to seeing.

The ships has some nice lighting effects in the hanger and also on top of the 'nacelle' (for want of a better name for it) running down the outside of the ship. These effects could be baked into the texture, but I have a feeling that these are also created by a dynamic lighting system. I'm not sure on this, but there are a couple of things that make the think this is so. One in this picture and one in the next which I will point out when we get there.

This is pure speculation on my part, so you are free to think what you want, but the thing in this picture that makes me think the lighting is dynamic and not baked into the texture is in the hanger bay. If you look at the upper lighting strip it is casting a nice blue glow, now if you look a little further down the inner wall you can see a ledge or shelf sticking out into the hanger bay itself, and this ledge is casting a shadow below it right into the hanger bay beyond where the sunlight is penetrating.

Finally for this picture, does anyone else think that the ship on the upper left of the image looks like a borg cube?

OK picture two.

First off let me point out the other thing that makes me think the lighting on the ship in the first picture is dynamic and not baked. In this picture of the station I would like to direct your attention to the very obvious windows on the left of the image. There's stacks of them so you can't miss them.

Below these there are three blue and one orange light sources. These are definitely glowing beyond what we have seen in TC. They are causing a very distinctive ball of light that reaches well beyond the actual stations model and into space itself. These seem a little to pronounced atm, but this being an early shot hopefully the 'ball' look will be reduced.

There are two ways of creating this effect. 1) you have a dynamic light source with a set radius and fall off, or 2) you place a texture on a plane and rotate the plane so it is always facing the camera.

2 however has it's problems. First of all it does not light up surrounding areas, and secondly (and most importantly) if it intersects a model you can see the edge of the texture as the model cuts into the texture and causes jaggies.

Neither of these problems are apparent on these lights so it leads me to believe (along with the hanger lights of the ship) that these are all dynamic lighting effects. If you want a closer look at the lights for the jaggie an not casting light problems, then look at the blue and orange glows in the foreground by the storage tanks. No jaggies and definitely casting a small amount of light onto the surrounding model.

One unfortunate place where there are jaggies though is on the shadows cast by the station. On the storage tanks in the lower left of the picture there is a very clear shot of low res shadows being used. Considering the nice shadows on the ship in the first picture I can only think of two reasons for this. The first is that this is an earlier shot using an earlier build, and second (and imo the more likely reason) is that because stations are so large and such complex structures, that lower res shadows need to be used to keep performance at a reasonable level. I'd like to see an option to use the higher res shadows on stations if you would like included tbh, but we will have to wait and see.

Apart from pointing out the use of AO on the 'roids again, there is only one other thing of note in this scene and that is the energy ribbon in the right side of the picture. More speculation from me here, but between this picture and some of the shots in the teaser trailer, I will have a stab at saying this is part of a high speed conduit system for ships to travel along.

I have seen people speculating how these may be used to allow faster travel around sectors. My opinion? There are no longer sectors, at least not in the way we currently perceive them. You have to remember that this game was created from scratch to be a totally new game that had nothing to do with the old X games. However, at a later date ES found that the base concepts were compatible with the old X universe and so decided to transfer the game back to a universe that already has a huge amount of lore and history to pull from for background. So taking this into account I do not think we should be thinking in terms of an X game, but in terms of a new game which just happens to share a common history as the original design concepts for the game were not based in the X universe.

I think that we should be thinking more along the lines of freelancer on steroids, or perhaps even EVE. Huge areas of space connected by a fast travel network for local areas, and large jump gates to connect the separate areas.

With that premise, it is logical to say that the ribbon is a part of the local fast travel network.

OK, third picture.

Wow, just wow. Not very professional I know, but what else can you say about this shot. The detail on the station is just pant wettingly good. Just on the dish alone we can see that the poly count has been given a huge shove in an upwards direction. This also shows why I think that the lower res shadows had to be used for stations, Having something like this casting high res shadows would kill just about any computer out there.

Lots of stuff going on in this picture. Plenty of dynamic lighting, AO and (as someone has mentioned before) colour usage.

There is another energy ribbon/fast transit conduit visible in this shot. Streams of normal sized ships going to and from the station, plus one large ship in the central background, all nicely lit and shadowed. Lots of different light sources on the station, ships and from the sun - which you will notice hasn't been given rubbish lens flare effects beyond a light scattering glare. This looks much better imo.

The 'roids in the background (right side of the picture) have a rather blocky look to them, but given the scale of the picture and the position of everything in it, I think it is safe to assume that these have dropped to a low LOD setting due to their distance from the camera.

And the final picture.

Another jaw dropper, but lets pull this one apart a little. There is a gate in this shot, and as in the previous shot the colour of the local high speed network 'energy ribbon' is a different colour from the one in the second shot. Whether they are all blue or all yellow and have changed between builds, or whether we have different colour ribbons for whatever reasons is open to speculation at this point. Either way we currently have more than one colour.

This is an energy ribbon gate. Although it is not as easy to see in this shot, there is definitely the start of the ribbon leading away from the back of the gate, and it also curves around and comes back into the shot below the gate (just above the atmosphere). In the teaser trailer you can see another type of gate which is a different design to this one. I think the one in the trailer is more likely to be a major gate to change systems/main areas as it does not seem to have any energy ribbon leading away from it's back edge. However, that is side tracking.

There is something interesting on the foreground station I would like to point out. It's a little difficult to describe the position, so bear with me. Look at the right-hand engine of the ship in the foreground, yeah that big bugger you can't miss. Now move straight down and on the side of the station you can see some black objects.

Now it is difficult to see from this shot and they could be some sort of fighter or drone, but for my money they look suspiciously like gun turrets. Now given the position of the station (in low orbit. In fact so low it needs thrusters not to plummet to the ground), I'm thinking orbital defence platform.

On the ship itself there is one small effect to point out. It has nice faded good looking engine trails.

The last thing I would like to point out in this image is the station in the background. At first glance it looks like a very cool bit of art in the skybox. At first. Until you start to really look at it and notice that there are a lot of areas where the station edges are being hit by a back light (the sun) and the AA is having trouble getting rid of the jaggies. Hang on, AA doesn't work on skybox textures, so that means that this is actually another station and not a bit of scenery. More support for the theory that this is a huge expanse of space and not broken down into 'sectors' in the traditional X sense.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

评分

参与人数 1好评 +1 收起 理由
baiseniao + 1 恩,这丫的怕XTC没销路了。。

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-4-26 13:03:20 | 显示全部楼层
坐等翻译....
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-4-26 13:36:00 | 显示全部楼层
蛋疼的机翻~~~

行让这些屏幕截图外拉,看看我们可以看到。 其中大部分将根据我们所知道的是对科技在现代游戏可用,其中有些会从哪些可看到我自己的猜测。

为了便于参考,我建议是每一个形象,一个单独的标签页中打开,因此您可以轻弹之​​间我所评论和图片本身去看看。

对,第一张图片。

相当多打算在这个场景,一旦你开始看它,它除了详细拉。 虽然图像的焦点是在前台船舶,让无视这一点的时刻,在'罗立得看看。

对两个最左边的'罗立得部分(至少那些由船舶本身遮蔽)这是值得看的阴影。 他们是深,黑,有非常高对比度,完全像真的是在太空中的阴影。 这是在火山口清晰对着镜头,但如果你在一个长一点的图像,您可以看到阴影不是仅看大功能保留,但也是建立在岩石表面纹理细节,以及更小。 越斜的'roids表面的光线的通过小的细节更成为阴影明显。 (大多数对左手件明显较低。)

有阴影的,详细说明清楚点,大量使用的环境闭塞。 我也认为这是不实时AO和烤成一个相同的方式在比赛人族站是质感。 为什么呢? 好吧,我会告诉你。

看一看在前台船舶看看。 最右侧的船舶在门口挂右上角/退出,(可以是一个或两个),你可以看到由侧墙上悬挂湾屋顶蒙上了一层阴影。 船舶移动,这意味着你不能烤到纹理的阴影,但这种阴影已经为在'罗立得一做同样的深度的。

从Ao上移动,如果你再看看那个阴影,它有它的形状,并有相当详细的边缘,因此这不是一个低质量的块状'假'被投下阴影图,这是一个高分辨率的影子投由模型本身。 全动态光影效果的人? 另外的阴影已经非常好看太软边的,但是当他们是软光的传播保持在最低限度。 这意味着,尽管它就像一个矛盾的声音,软边保持脆而锋利。

该船舶本身 几乎 看画-如果我们不知道这是一个在游戏中的屏幕快照,你可以是艺术上当,以为这是有点概念。 所以,我可以看到哪里有人会想到这里单元格底纹,但它实际上是高对比度边缘敖一切事业的一个概述,让看画。 我们很少能看到(人类眼睛和大脑是)如此高的对比度,因为我们生活在一个灯光氛围,创造光散射和反射的环境。 这是你如何可以看到)侧椅子(或其他)的例子,即使是面对远离光源(灯泡或一个窗口一个。 当你还得到光线反射有关的空间,现在还没有大气散射效果,这意味着从阴影是非常高的对比度相比,我们所习以为常。

这些船只在衣架有一些不错的照明效果,也对'机舱'顶(因为缺少一个更好的名字为它)跑到船外。 这些影响可能是烤成的质感,但我有一个,这也是一个动态照明系统创建的感觉。 我不肯定这一点,但有一些事情让认为这是苏氏夫妇。 这张照片中的一个,在未来,我将指出,当我们到达那里的。

对我而言,这是纯粹的投机,所以你可以自由地想你想要的,但在这张照片的东西,它使我觉得是动态的灯光,进入纹理,犹如在衣架托架。 如果你看看上条状照明它是铸造一个不错的蓝色辉光,现在如果你看起来有点进一步下跌的内壁,你可以看到一个窗台或架子衣架伸出到海湾本身,这是铸造窗台下面的影子这对进入衣架海湾以外的地方,阳光穿透力。

最后这个图片,有没有人想到别的事,关于图像的左上角船看起来像博格立方体?   

确定图片二。

首先我想指出的其他东西,它使我想起了在船上在第一张照片是动态的,灯光不烤。 在这站图片我想直接对你的关注非常明显的左窗口的形象。 有对他们的堆栈所以你不能错过。

下面这些有三个蓝色和一个橙色的光源。 这是绝对超出我们有光辉在TC看到。 他们所造成的光线非常独特的球,远远超出了模型的实际站到空间本身达到。 这些似乎对明显的自动柜员机不大,但在它的早期拍摄希望的'球'看就会减少。

有两种创建这种效果的方法。 1)你有一个半径为一组动态光源和脱落,或2)你在飞机上放置一个纹理,旋转飞机,因此它总是对着镜头。

二,但是有它的问题。 首先,它不亮,周边地区,其次(也是最重要的),如果相交模型,你可以看到,作为进入纹理,造成锯齿的模式削减纹理边缘。

这些问题都不是在这些灯明显,因此让我相信(连同该船舶的挂灯),这些都是动态的照明效果。 如果你想为jaggie一个不投光灯的问题,然后看前景中的蓝色和橙色的储罐在交通灯亮起仔细看看。 绝对没有锯齿和铸造模型到周围的光量小。

一个不幸的地方,有锯齿,虽然是由车站上投下的阴影。 画上留在较低的储存罐有一个很清晰的阴影低分辨率拍摄被使用。 考虑对在第一张照片我只能想到两个原因船舶尼斯阴影。 第一,这是较早的拍摄使用的是早期建设,和第二(海事组织更可能的原因)是,由于站如此之大,如此复杂的结构,降低水库的阴影需要用来保持在一个合理的性能水平。 我想看到一个选项,使用更高清晰度的车站,如果你想包括tbh阴影,但我们将不得不等待和观望。

除了指出了政务的'roids再次使用,只有一个在这一幕注意其他的事情,那就是能源在画面右侧剪彩。 从我这里更多猜测,但与此画面和预告片,在一些做主,我会说这是在一个高速的船只沿管道系统的一部分刺伤。

我曾看见有人猜测如何将这些可用于旅游部门允许更快的周围。 我的意见? 不再有部门,至少在我们目前的方式看待他们。 你必须记住,这场比赛是从头开始创建一个全新的游戏无关,与旧的极限运动。 然而,在稍后的日期发现,该基地的ES概念与旧的X宇宙兼容,所以决定把比赛回到一个宇宙,已经拥有大量的知识和历史为背景,从拉。 因此,考虑到这一点,我不认为我们应该思考的一个X游戏条款,但在一个新的游戏,刚好有共同的历史作为游戏最初的设计理念并没有在X宇宙的条款。

我认为我们应该考虑使用类固醇的路线沿自由职业者多,或什至前夕。 由一个大面积的局部地区快速交通网络连通空间,大跳跃的大门,连接不同的领域。

有了这个前提,这是合乎逻辑地说,功能区是当地的快速旅游网络的一部分。

行,第三图片。

哇,只是哇。 不是很专业,我知道,但你还能说什么关于这个镜头。 站上的细节,只是喘气wettingly好。 刚上的菜仅我们可以看到,多边形数量已被赋予了巨大的推在一个向上的方向。 这也说明了为什么我认为水库的阴影下,必须使用的车站,刚刚在那里的任何计算机都觉得这件事情的阴影高分辨率会杀死。

很多的东西要在这张照片。 大量的动态光影,AO和(正如有人提到前)色彩的使用。

还有另一种能源色带/快速过境管道在这张照片中可见。 正常大小的船舶流去,从车站,还有一个大型船舶在中央的背景下,所有的光线和阴影很好。 上有许多对车站,船舶和来自太阳的不同光源 - 你会发现没有得到垃圾镜头超越了光散射眩光照明效果。 这看起来好多了海事组织。

在后台(图片的右侧)​​的'roids有一个相当斑驳看他们,但考虑到图片的规模和地位,它的一切,我认为这是安全的假设,这些都下降到较低由于他们的LOD设置从摄像机的距离。

而最后的图片。

另一个下巴滴管,但让这一个外拉一点点。 有一个在这张照片门,如前面拍摄了当地的高速网络的能量丝带的颜色是从第二杆的不同的色彩。 无论他们都是蓝色或黄色,并改变所有版本之间,还是我们有什么理由,不同颜色的丝带是开放的在这一点上的投机活动。 无论哪种方式,我们目前有一个以上的颜色。

这是一个能源色带门。 虽然不容易看到这个镜头,有一定的启动剪彩领导离门后面,同时也与来自各地的曲线在下面的门(正上方的大气)反击。 在预告片你可以看到另一种类型,是一门不同的设计这一套。 我认为在拖车一个更可能是一个重大的大门更换系统/主要领域,因为它似乎没有任何能源领导剪彩远离它的后缘。 然而,这是侧钻。

也有一些是在前台站我想指出的有趣。 这一点很难描述的位置,所以多多包涵。 看看在前台船舶,是啊,大管不着你不能错过的右侧发动机。 现在移动连续下跌,并在该站一旁,还可以看到一些黑色物体。

现在很难看到这个镜头,他们可能会有一些无人驾驶战斗机或排序,但我的钱,他们看起来像炮塔可疑。 现在,由于该站位置(在低轨道。事实上如此之低,需要推进器不暴跌到地面),我想轨道防御平台。

在船上本身有一个小的影响指出。 它具有良好的褪色好看引擎小径。

最后我想说的是在此图像中的本底站。 乍一看它看起来像一个在天空体艺术非常酷位。 在第一。 直到你开始真正审视它,发现其中有一个车站边被一回光(太阳)灾区很多,机管局有困难摆脱了锯齿。 等一等,机管局不起作用天空体纹理,因此这意味着,这实际上是另一个车站,而不是风景位。 支持更多的理论,这是一个巨大的空间广阔,而不是分成'行业在传统的X意义了。

评分

参与人数 2UCC 0 好评 0 收起 理由
baiseniao + 2 + 1 8妹较真了,不管鸡翻鸟翻都能看个大概吧,.
0809000 -2 -1 机翻就不要拿上来了~~~~本想骂你的~~~但又.

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-4-26 14:36:15 | 显示全部楼层
大致就是说了下所用看到的动态光影、一个巨大的空间。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-4-26 15:35:41 | 显示全部楼层