查看: 48155|回复: 69

[转帖] Edition 45 - September 2011 -- 更新大量资料

火.. [复制链接]
发表于 2011-10-2 06:47:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 FreemanGL 于 2011-10-12 00:43 编辑

文章翻译请看26楼

原帖地址:http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/201109_1_44News.html

X Rebirth Information Forum
As we draw closer to the release of X Rebirth the speculation about what the game will be like still continues apace on the Egosoft.com forums. We appreciate that seasoned X gamers hunger for a different type of information and answers to a multitude of different questions about X Rebirth.

For that reason Egosoft MD, Bernd Lehahn, has created an additional forum on the Egosoft Community website to try to address some of the concerns that you as X veterans may have and hopefully to answer some of the questions that have regularly been asked in the existing Rebirth discussion threads in most languages' forums.

Not all of the information will be brand new, but the forum threads also aim to bring together information on some of the key features which have been revealed and discussed at public events.

The threads in this forum will concentrate initially on the following areas, but may later be expanded as Bernd and the team wish to share more details:

• The Rebirth 'Big Picture' - clarifying what Rebirth is and is not, dispelling some misconceptions.

• 'Technology' - covering what technology the game uses, what the system requirements will be and what support will be available for modding and scripting.

• 'Navigation and Universe Design' - describing how the new X Universe will be structured and how the player will move around compared to previous X games.

• 'Ships and Stations' - clarifying much-discussed topics like the playership and capital ships and explaining how important drones will be to the overall gaming experience this time around. Also here Bernd and the team will be explaining the importance of NPCs to the player and the universe's economy.

• 'Building' - how X Rebirth adds a lot of new depth and endless possibilities to the aspect of building stations and ships.

The forums will hopefully serve as a one-stop shop for the latest information about X Rebirth for current X gamers and the best place to discuss this information with fellow forum members. - Toastie
X-Universe Forum Quest
So you’ve played X3: Terran Conflict for the 1000th time already. You own every ship and hundreds of stations. You know every sector by heart and have beaten every plot. Maybe you just need a reason to install and play X3:TC again. You might then be interested in what we have to offer.

While we‘re awaiting the release of X Rebirth, we’ve decided to carry on a tradition which created a lot of fun in the run-up to the release of previous X Games in the German forum. Now we’re bringing it to the whole community.

The X-Universe Forum Quest is a competition that will test all your knowledge of the X-Universe. Every two weeks on Friday right up until the release of X Rebirth a new round lasting ten days begins. Three questions covering ships, stations and sectors from X3:TC as well as general knowledge about the X Universe lore will require you to dig deep into your memories of X and to rediscover X3:TC. For each correctly answered question you get three points. Together with one point for participation, a maximum of ten points will bring you closer to one of the three great main prizes:

• The winner receives a signed copy of X Rebirth, a Steam X-Superbox and a poster.
• 2nd place gets a Steam copy of both X Rebirth and X-Superbox.
• 3rd place gets a Steam X-Superbox.

But don’t worry; even if you don’t get into the top three places, you still have a chance to win. All who have participated at least in 42% of the rounds and are not in the top three will have a chance to win a Steam copy of X Rebirth.

We have just started round number 4 and so far over 104 forum users have participated in the competition. Check out the topic of the current round and watch out for the next round starting Oct 14th.

We wish you all the best of luck and hope for wide participation. - The X-Universe Forum Quest Group

XDownloads Database
Bringing it all together

The horror scenario for every script and mod user: After spending hours of searching through the scripts and modding forums for the extension you need you find the topic has dead download links. The author left the forum some time ago and although numerous people seem to have used it, no one can provide an alternative download link. While there have already been download databases most of them have vanished along with their creators.

Community member SS_T has attempted to create a database of all scripts and mods. What started two years ago just as means of hosting his own scripts and mods has developed into a database with a vast array of scripts and mods by different authors. Despite occasions where he lost interest in his site or just didn’t have enough time to work on it, he came back to the project. SS_T trawls through the scripts and modding forums looking for scripts and mods, and of course seeking the permission of their authors before finally uploading them to his server.

But uploading is only half of his work: he also writes and copies descriptions, links back to the original topics, provides different download links, sorts everything into different categories and improves and manages the site in general. Until now he’s managed to upload more than 1,000 scripts and mods for X2, X3: R and X3: TC. More will hopefully follow.

However, you don’t have to wait until SS_T finds your topic to have your scripts and mods hosted on his site. By registering on his website - you only need to provide a working email address – you can upload and manage your own scripts and/or mods. For further information about his website, how to upload your own extension or even help SS_T with managing the site check out his topic in the Scripts and Modding forum.- X2-Illuminatus

X-Timelines Mod
Coming Soon to an X-Universe Near You!

Following Egosoft MD, Bernd Lehahn's, reiteration of the company's policy with regard to the support and publicity of community mods, forum member TrixX contacted us asking how we might be able to help get the word out about the X-Timelines mod. On the cusp of the mod entering its Beta testing phase, we thought now would be a good time to let the wider community know about another new way to enjoy X3: Terran Conflict. I caught up with TrixX on the other side of the world through the magic of the interwebs and asked him about the mod.

The X-Timelines mod is approaching the release phase, with Beta testing getting underway. What were the key aims of the mod team in undertaking such a huge task?
Well initially the idea was to alter the game to more closely resemble the combat aspects of the Wing Commander/Privateer and Freespace games. Being a major fan of Privateer 2 (despite its many and obvious flaws) I found the X series to be a little sedate by comparison. This led me to find the Naval Shuffle mod by Sorenson when I first played X3:TC just over a year ago (yeah, I know I was late to the party!). The mod started as a way to introduce a faster balance to the game, then when Jack08 jumped on board around November last year the mod just snowballed as ideas were thrown about.

The current aim has been to alter the economy to be more involving for the player as well as to bring the excitement and speed of the above mentioned games to the players fingertips.

No doubt you all have a real life to keep you busy, so roughly how many hours a week do you spend working on a project like this?
Actually for me real life consists of Squash once a week and messing with cars in my shed between the odd IT job. Both Jack08 and I are working on this pretty much full time. Between us there is easily 80 hours a week going into the project.

Who are the team members and what have been their areas of expertise? How much has the use of other third party mods assisted your development?
Firstly there is Jack08, the primary coder for the project. He’s got a great knack of getting round problems we didn’t expect. sms_747 joined in December, a few weeks after Jack08. Looking for jobs within the team, she took it upon herself to design an amazing Universe Map for the second phase of the project. Not to mention that she helped massively with ideas for a storyline for phase 2, which does indeed continue on from Terran Conflict.

Litcube also joined the team close to February and has been invaluable with assistance on coding issues and allowing use of his library of scripts designed to help optimise the game. Not to mention his amazing work on effects and Stellar backgrounds. Finally there’s me. I’m the ideas man and balancer for the team as well as the project lead.

3rd party mods have helped in many ways. Litcube’s scripts have been a godsend, as has paulwheeler in allowing the use of SRM as a base for our ship files which really helped to speed up the project. Obviously the mod would never have started had it not been for Naval Shuffle and many other small and useful mods that have been acquired over time. We actually look forward to being able to present a really good product back to the community with the release of X-Timelines.

At first glance there are changes to the user interface and HUD and some major changes to balancing. What significant changes have been made which may not be so obvious?
Well the UI is designed to show what a player needs to see at any one time (unfortunately due to limitations I was unable to move positions of certain elements). Icons have been altered to highlight friend and foe more than neutral as has the boxing surrounding ships. The Gravidar got a large overhaul to make it hopefully easier to read and more useful to the player.

Balance is the heart of this mod. Starting back in August last year, I have been constantly tinkering and evolving my ideas for the balancing of every ship and weapon. Quite literally every ship, weapon, shield and missile in the game has been overhauled. The new balance even seems to play nice with everybody’s favourite, the Autopilot! For me the speed of ships was a major issue when I first played X3:TC, so that’s where I started and it’s meant that all modifications are geared to suit this faster gameplay. Shielding has been increased with the addition of Station Shields, which are much stronger than any ship shields. This should also allow for responses to incursions to have a fighting chance. I could talk for hours on this, however I think I’ll have to point to the FAQ we will be putting in the X-Timelines Beta thread soon.

Can players expect a bigger challenge from the established 'bad guys'?
This is another of the key aspects of the mod. Xenon are no longer an XP grinding machine - they are truly dangerous when they attack whether it’s a small patrol or a large fleet - it will not be a cakewalk. However the Xenon, along with the Kha’ak, still just play the enemy for the sake of enemies, but then there’s the pirates…

They got the largest overhaul of all the races. They now have stations that are part of the Black Market. These stations have patrols which literally go out and target traders that are passing through or near Pirate territory with the intention of stealing cargo and ships. Any booty is then available to purchase from the Black Market stations for those who are on friendly terms with them. Being pirates, they are rather timid when faced with opposition, however as with most gangs, they have big mates…

Is the universe the one we know and love or have there been changes to the galaxy map?
For Phase 1 we are using a slightly modified version of TC’s universe. This is compatible with all TC missions and storylines, but we added the “Ribbon" that runs through the Universe. Along with that we have also altered the state of the economy so it’s far less likely to stall. The Ribbon, however, is the most important part, giving fast passage to areas previously hard to reach or generally inaccessible. It’s also Pirate territory and therefore dangerous, very dangerous…

There will no doubt be some new ships to fly and enjoy. Is there a favourite among the team, which you think will go down well with the players?
We have a fairly large selection of new ships, most are familiar from the X-Tra Ship Pack and SRM, however there will be a few surprises we are working on. We are waiting on them to be skinned at the moment but we hope to have more “Zenith" ships for our Deep Space Exploration. I think we’ll go with Jack08’s favourite here (seeing as mine isn’t finished yet ;) ).

What work is still to be done? What can the modding community do to help?
With the Beta coming up imminently, we are looking for people who have a good eye for bugs and balance issues. There is a lot to test and we need to have people willing to play through the odd bug so we can release the best mod we can make. Also we are looking for anyone who has skill with 3DS Max and Skinning/Texturing for the new ships and stations we would like to introduce to the game.

If Egosoft offered to incorporate one feature from your mod into the vanilla game version, which would it be?
Probably the Black Market script that Jack08 is working on. I’m surprised how much more depth it adds when the Pirates feel like a living part of the game, rather than a side-order for randomly generated missions.

I'm a staunch vanilla TC player, what will convince me to play your mod? *evil*
Very evil question!! Seeing as we have altered the playstyle to be a fair bit faster combatwise, as well as flightwise, so I don’t think it really can be compared to the original Egosoft vision of the game. X-Timelines is designed more to get the player to enjoy a good flight across a few sectors, including the fear and sense of adventure which you get from the journey. Hence there's a restriction on jump-drives for the larger ships. We hope to offer a different experience which isn’t designed to compete against Egosoft’s vision but is a distinct and separate vision. In essence this is the game that Jack08 and I wanted to play and if others enjoy that then that's all I could hope for.

My sincere thanks to TrixX for his time. If you have time to spare and would like to get involved with this project please send Trixx a forum PM. I'm sure the team would appreciate your support. If you are working on a community project and would like us to help you shout about it, please let us know. - Toastie

Official Website

http://www.x-rebirth.com
Community
http://forum.egosoft.com
follow on Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/EGOSOFT
Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/XRebirth
watch on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xuniversechannel

Copyright © 2011 Egosoft GmbH, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Egosoft GmbH
Heidestr. 4
52146 Würselen
Germany

Please feel free to contact us in your own language by e-mailing [email protected][email protected][/url]

To learn more about the X-Universe News and who is involved in its creation, please see our FAQ article.

update your profile to unsubscribe from this list | view email in browser  

评分

参与人数 3声望 +2 UCC +52 好评 +2 收起 理由
猪样年华 + 2 + 50 大概看了下,已经兴奋的无以伦比.
侧耳倾听 + 1
2qwer + 2 + 1 喵 ~

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2011-10-2 06:51:23 | 显示全部楼层

[INDEX] X Rebirth - The big picture

本帖最后由 0809000 于 2011-10-2 07:02 编辑

Let me give you a quick tour around what X Rebirth is and is not.

Why X Rebirth instead of X4

After more than 10 years of developing the X games by adding features to an existing concept, we wanted to make a fresh start.
All the games of the old X series after X:Beyond the Frontier, were developed by taking the prequel and adding features on top. This had a lot of advantages for us as developers. Most importantly it allowed us to work very closely with the community. We could listen to your wishes and feedback on the last game and incorporate much of that into the next game.

However it also had a big drawback: It made the game more and more complicated and harder to get into for those who were not already part of the community from the start.

Complex=good, Complicated=bad

Let me get this straight right at the start. X Rebirth is not less complex or dumber than any of the X games of the past.
But to make a game intuitive and easy to learn, you have to design it from scratch. Adding features to a game that was not designed for these features at the start, is never perfect.

Designed to be fun and easy but complex and deep at the same time
This one line sums up the ethos of all the game design changes that you will read and hear about, namely:

A Changed Universe

The X universe was always defined by gates. Gates that were (almost?) the only technology that allowed its inhabitants to bridge interstellar distances.

The gates were built by a very advanced ancient civilisation a long long time ago. They were later used by the different populations that developed in the X universe and they relied on them for trading and for their everyday life.

A while after the events told in X3:Terran Conflict however, the gates suddenly ceased to work. Why? That's still unknown. This shutdown however had dramatic political and economical consequences. Millions of people were isolated far away from their former home and many systems suddenly lacked the supplies of food or other resources they needed for everyday life.

At the start of X Rebirth, these events are again a thing of the past, but they have formed a changed and new universe.

-Bernd
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-10-2 06:54:05 | 显示全部楼层

[INFO] Technology - System Requirements, modding, more

本帖最后由 0809000 于 2011-10-2 07:06 编辑

What hardware will be required to play X Rebirth?

We can not yet answer what the minimum hardware requirements will be, but this will be announced before the release of the game.

CPU performance

One of the biggest steps in developing an entire new engine was to design a true multithread-capable engine. X Rebirth will make full use of latest generation CPUs by spreading the work in many parallel running threads.

AI: Improved flight AI allows ships inside complex station geometry.

What engine and API do we use?

X Rebirth will run on DX9 API as long as all the features that we need from the API are possible with it. That does not mean we may not at some point also support DX11, but for now we do not see a need.  Our engine is quite different from all the big established names, because it is designed specifically for a space game.  We had a look at engines like Unreal or the CryEngine, but because we wanted to have cutting edge space graphics, an area very different from what these engines are specialized in, we had to develop our own engine.

Will X Rebirth support modding?

We definitely aim to support modding again. Since this is an entirely new engine, we can not provide any documentation and API support before the game comes out, but we hope to provide this soon after the release.

How is scripting going to be supported?

The new engine supports a scripting system very similar to the MD language used in Terran Conflict. It will be strongly modified for the new engine, but if you understand MD already, chances are that you will find it relatively easy to write missions for the new game.  XML based languages are also used in many other areas of designing a game with the new Rebirth engine.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-10-2 06:54:44 | 显示全部楼层

[INFO] Navigation and universe design

本帖最后由 0809000 于 2011-10-2 07:06 编辑

Size Matters

Well that at least was one of the tongue-in-cheek marketing slogans for the second of the X games "X-Tension". And as much as you can doubt the truth of this sentence in other areas, it is definitely true when it comes to space games.

Space must be BIG. Really big. But with a larger and larger universe also come longer traveling times, unless you use "hacks" like the SETA time acceleration or allow the player to freely "jump". Both of these hacks (or tricks) however come with big downsides.

So for X Rebirth our solution to this is a system of interconnected highways. Highways allow you to travel fast to reach all popular areas of the universe, yet they can be left anywhere in the middle to allow endless exploration.

Realistic Proportions

Thanks to the highway system we can finally have realistic proportions. What was known as sectors in the old universe, was always supposed to be entire solar systems. Thats what it said in the stories of the game and in the books which went into great depth to explain the history of these gates.

In reality however, these sectors were only a few dozen to hundred kilometers in diameter. Not really the size a solar system should have.

Local Highways

All highways were built by only one corporation: Jonferson Space Dynamics Division, a corporation that has closely cooperated with Earth in the past and used their knowledge to bring new acceleration technologies into the X universe.

Inside a superhighway connecting inter-planetary distances

Local highways accelerate all ships by a very high multiplier (different from place to place though) and bring ships with the same destination much closer together. You can leave a local highway at any time and explore the areas between zones. Although a highway boosts your speed permanently as long as you are inside it, you can still influence your speed by skillful steering. This makes it fun to travel as fast as possible, but also possible to intercept other ships or even attack them in the middle of a highway.

Super Highways and Gates

Super highways are even faster than local highways and bridge interplanetary distances. Again you can influence your speed and interact with other ships but you can not leave a super highway in the middle.

Gates still exist, but right now.... they do not work. However, there are signs that this may soon change!

The Structure of the Universe: Zones, Sectors and Clusters

Shortly after the events of X3:Terran Conflict, the X universe began to change. Thanks to the invention of space highways, massive changes suddenly became possible. Much bigger settlements became possible and a lot of the formerly planet bound economy could now be moved into space too.

Where our old universe was a simple arrangement of cubic sectors, we now have a hierarchy of really stellar proportions allowing a more realistic and varied universe than before.

It starts with what we call zones. This can be anything from a city in space or a group of factories to a unique asteroid field or any other interesting location. Zones are either at the end of local highways or alongside a local highway. Most of the time a group of zones, sometimes hundreds of kilometers apart form a sector. Sectors are then connected with superhighways and form a cluster (e.g a solar system).
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-10-2 06:56:30 | 显示全部楼层

[INFO] Ships and stations: What is yours and how you control it

本帖最后由 0809000 于 2011-10-2 07:12 编辑

The playership - Not just an ordinary ship

One of the big changes in X Rebirth when compared to the old X games is that you as a player will only be flying a single ship. But before you get upset and complain about the lack of freedom to steer other ships, WAIT... that's still possible. Its just packaged in a different way... So please be patient for a moment and read on.

Like in X:Beyond the Frontier, where the player was also bound to a single ship called the Xperimental shuttle, X Rebirth will place you in another very special ship: The Pride of Albion, or as it is more recently known: The Albion Skunk.

Rooms and NPCs

This one ship, however, is not just another ship like those you know from our past games. For starters, it has several rooms that you can see and use, it has a crew of NPCs who work for you, their captain, and who you can meet face to face.

The Co-Pilot

Some of these NPCs can be hired and exchanged, others you meet by destiny (or as we refer to it: The plot). The best example of that latter kind will be your co-pilot. She will be your interface to the ship and helps you control many of the more complex aspects of the game.

The story of the ship

It has a long history and that history is far from over.
You can influence what this ship is and how it develops.

Expanding the ship

It is a fast and maneuverable ship and can be expanded. Weapons systems, engines, shields, but most importantly: Drones.

Drones - You fly them or you command them

Drones are a very big new area of the game and are used in many different ways by YOU the player.

Torpedo drone: Drones are used for a wide variety of special tasks.

Drone remote control - The VR HUD

First of all there is the possibility to remotely control a drone. This is basically exactly like switching personally into another ship. You can fly drones in a 1st person perspective and it looks as if you are inside the drone. You do this, however, using a Virtual Reality environment in your ship. While your co-pilot takes over the control of your ship, goggles come down from the ceiling and you dive into the remote control of the drone.

The cool thing about this, is that with drones we have even more design freedom than with ships. They can be very small, for example, and are generally very specialized for a particular job. The whole gameplay experience can be a lot more varied than with normal ships, which always have to contain a lot more features.

AI: Improved flight AI allows ships inside complex station geometry.

This is also one of several gameplay changes that allow us to get the player deeper into station and ship environments and help you play with the elements at the surface of ships and stations. A drone can sometimes reach into vents and corridors that are so small that even your ship cant fit inside.

Last but not least, another nice side effect is that you won't die if you are shot down inside a drone. All that happens is that you lose a vehicle - one of many that can be launched from your ship.

Passive functions of a drone

Drones can also help you in a fully automatic mode. They have an AI and can work autonomously if you launch them. This can give you assistance for especially hard jobs.

Drones can act autonomously or can be controlled via the virtual reality remote control system of your ship.

Abilities

If you want to have some control over what a drone should be doing for you but dont want to switch to remote control with your VR goggles, you can give them commands using a quickly-accessible compass menu. Tell a fighter drone to take out that one turret on the left while you personally take care of the shield generator on the right...

Capital ship control

Where the drones are your preferred vehicles for specialized tasks inside and near the surface of a station, capital ships are your vehicle of choice for all the many "big" tasks. From transportation of goods, collecting of resources like ore, gas or plasma up to large carriers and destroyers. They all exist in X Rebirth and you can of course own and operate many of them!

You can in fact even land on these beasts and get out of your playership to meet NPCs while watching the large ship move around in space FROM the deck of the ship!

You won't be sitting in the cockpit and steer such a capital ship from the first person perspective anymore simply because that is boring. Steering huge and slowly-turning ships manually just doesnt make sense. It would force us to make them turn and move unrealistically quick and even then they would be impossible to maneuver near our huge and complex shaped stations.

Instead the steering is done by NPCs who work for you but closely follow your orders. You can control capital ships who work for you in many new ways.

Stations and large ships - New fight tactics

Capital ships as well as space stations are now a lot more detailed. These details, however, are not limited to improved and animated visuals. They are there for gameplay reasons. A single capital ship can have hundreds of objects on its surface. Things like turrets and shield generators which can of course be scanned, manipulated or simply destroyed individually, but also bigger objects like jumpdrive generators, engines and much more.

Ships and stations can be attacked and analyzed in great detail. Some systems are partially destroyed.

Surface elements: Various types of turrets can be built in large quantities on stations and ships.

Important key modules can be protected by many turrets and shield generators.

Taking out or disabling these elements will allow lots of new fight tactics and interesting strategic decisions:

• What system should be disabled first to get the best possible outcome from an attack?
  • What systems should be sabotaged instead of destroyed?
  • Whats the benefit of an espionage mission to scan the surface of a ship or station?
  • Which defense systems should you personally take out to help your capital ship to more effectively use its own weapons?

Surface interactions

But it's not just useful for fighting. On the contrary: The biggest changes are on the building, trading and designing of your own stations and ships.
Stations as well as ships are no longer things that you build or use as one large object. They are systems that are developed and improved. Read more about this in the building section.

Capital ship physics

If you have read above about you flying over the surface of a capital ship to take out turrets or other surface elements, as we call them, you may have wondered: 'Hey but what if the ship is moving or turning while I try this?'

Here is another of these big gameplay changes we had to do: When flying closer to large ships, your ship (or the drone you are remote controlling), will gradually be drawn into the influence of that ship. The closer you are to its surface, the more the ship will "drag you with it".

This allows you to actually land on or in ships while they are moving. Even in the middle of a fight between two capital ships you can fly over the surface of one and watch the scenario of the battle like a passenger with the beautiful space background turning around you, while the capital ships move and turn.

Talking to people - NPCs working for you

I have already mentioned the NPCs who help you operate your ships (all of them). This is another of these BIG things for us.

We want to make the game easier to understand by controlling many of the complex things you can do in an X game through conversations.

Instead of dry and hard-to-interpret text menus, you will be talking to people. You will give them commands and they willl tell you about their progress - all in the form of conversations.

Examples

Some examples of NPCs working for you:

• Managers onboard your factories run the economy side. They buy and sell wares, but will only do what you allow them to do.
  • Captain of a ship: He or she is the person on the bridge who steers the ship according to your commands. You can tell them what you want them to do in very fine detail, or you give them more freedom or assign them to work for a station manager.
  • Your Co-Pilot: She was already mentioned above and she is the most important of all NPCs in this game. You will learn more about her soon.
  • Boarding crew: Just one example of crew members working for you.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-10-2 06:57:42 | 显示全部楼层

[INFO] Building - The Economy and how you make a difference

本帖最后由 0809000 于 2011-10-2 07:15 编辑

Building modular stations

With X Rebirth, we wanted to add a whole new level of depth and complexity to building of space stations.

Build platforms - Decide on a category

The first step in building a station is similar to what one would do in our previous games. You hire a large ship. This ship, however, does not contain the whole factory in a single large module anymore. Far from it.

This ship is a so-called 'builder platform'. It hosts a large amount of welder ships and works as a hub during the process of constructing your station.

When you buy a builder platform, you decide on the category of station you want to build. After you have decided on the place to start the new building, you can then land on the platform and discuss what station from that group you want to start building.

Farm built from many individual production modules

You can already see what resources are needed to build the modules of this station and estimations on how expensive this will be, but you don`t just "buy" a station anymore. You really build it.

The build process - Supplying and missions

Every module of a station is built by welder ships. Transporters bring the needed resources for building and only once the resources are there, can the welding begin. You can see how your new station is created literally wall by wall.

Inside view of a single production module

At every step of the way you can (together with the NPC who operates this for you) decide whether you want to bring resources yourself or if you simply put up an offer to buy the resources from other traders.
While the station is being built, you sometimes receive special missions to progress the building process. Once the first module is finished for example, you can search for the best manager to run the new station for you, pick him up and personally bring him to your new station.

Build stages - Decide on a strategy

Now we just talked about building a first module so far. And that is actually the biggest new feature - Modularity!
Stations can be built in different orders according to your plans. Do you want to focus on the production and build a chain of modules that support each other, where one produces the resources for the next?
Or do you plan your station more like a huge warehouse and focus on big storage capacities?

Communication component extends range of control for your station

Then there is always the question of how much effort to put into the protection and the military capabilities of your station.
Each module you build is an important strategic decision.

Expansions - Going into detail

On top of that modules can also be expanded.
The surface elements that we described in the ships and stations section, all play an important role for your own stations as well.
Invest in turrets, equip the surface of your station with shield generators and add more capabilities to your station by building more things on the surface of your station.

Building ships

In much the same way as you build a station you can also build your own capital ships. You can control every little detail of a new construction if you like, but of course you can also make your life easier and leave many decisions to the NPCs working for you.

We provide the universe, and you decide how you want to play it.

Refinery module shows the production process in great detail
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-10-2 07:18:05 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 0809000 于 2011-10-2 08:27 编辑

传在了相册里~~居然有20M...FreemanGL可以补偿点给我吗~~我删了好多图的

评分

参与人数 2UCC +52 收起 理由
skulldownz + 2 炮台开始很有逻辑性的结构了...希望其完善.
FreemanGL + 50 搬运辛苦,奖励相册空间~

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-2 09:05:09 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 qi1989223 于 2011-10-2 09:14 编辑

哇哈哈。。。哇哈哈。。。终于。。。终于沙发了。。。。

好了言归正传

这回更新了不少实际的东西

由于鸟文太长。。没仔细看

但光看图片就能得出不少东西了

总结如下:

1这回有官方驾驶舱了(多图)
2图标等还是和X3系列一样。。只是有少部分不同。。。相当于打了加强补丁
3更加详细的数据显示和高级控制(也就是等于X3打了控制脚本和界面加强脚本)[O:065:]
4该死的坑爹样的无人机终于改了(MK系列的无人机?更像浮游炮。。。貌似有大型无人机?而且是能亲自操控型?鱼雷无人机?难道能使用撞击?神风无人机?)
5舰船样子现在是  N加 超过A但没达到C  的级别(好吧X3的舰船MOD也是N与A,C之间)
6舰船船体损伤有更加详细的损伤细节了(火焰效果终于不在是一个团了)
7空间站组件化并且有详细的细节(那个雷达是深空感应阵列?)。。。
8炮台有动画了。。。炮台的样子N加A,C之间(让俺想到了EVE入侵的炮台动画)。。。。[O:051:]
9导弹炮台有了。。。也就是说导弹发射更帅气了(这样无制导鱼雷就有用武之地了,也许会出现高速点防御导弹?[O:051:]  让人泪目阿,EVE的导弹啥时候才有炮台阿
10任务系统更加简单了(也许不要通讯了?)。。。
11更加完善的MOD与脚本管理系统(这是天之音阿,MOD在手天下我有)[O:051:]
12TC中消失的击坠提示有了(貌似是独立的提示系统?脚本党表示X3无压力)[O:051:]
13界面布局改变了(好吧,这是无关紧要的东西)
14星图的X轴的交换功能的按键有了(貌似TC也有?不过大部分人应该都不知道有这个功能把)
15之前就已经知道的空间站之间的货运无人机系统(看介绍,不是动画而是真正的无人机系统,简单的说就是可以击毁的玩意)[O:051:]

还有一点我也知道。。

要换电脑了 。。。。不然跟不上阿

台机估计勉强  。。。笔记本是没戏鸟

希望优化好点。。不要像TC一样

希望星际之剑2能人性一点 。。。那推荐配置是人用的么[O:080:]
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-2 10:44:57 | 显示全部楼层
沙发?武器平台加入动作万岁!!!
回复

使用道具 举报