注册
X系列官方授权正版
搜索
查看: 2875|回复: 13

Top 10 Wonders in Space

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-4-17 11:02:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
10) Brown Dwarfs
Brown dwarfs are the misfits of the universe, outcasts...freaks of nature. They are too big to be called planets, yet too small to generate the thermonuclear fusion required to become real stars. They exist in a world all their own. Sometimes, it's a cold, dark world -- many wander through space alone. Others make a home in the shadow of a great star,

9) Neutron Stars
Walking corpses of the cosmos, zombies if you will.
A big star ends its life in a giant explosion called a supernova. If the star is massive enough roughly four to eight times more massive than our Sun and the conditions are right, the core implodes, forming a very dense state of matter. So dense that electrons are squeezed into the protons, forming neutrons. The result, a neutron star, can stuff the mass of 1.4 Suns into an area 7 to 12 miles (11 to 20 kilometers) across.

8) High-Energy Cosmic Rays
Earth's atmosphere is regularly bombarded by very small numbers of incredibly energetic cosmic ray particles, a type discovered less than a decade ago. No one can explain where they come from or why, so don't bother asking me. Earth's atmosphere destroys the particles, protecting us. (Astronauts on space walks, on the other hand are exposed to the potentially deadly particles)

A decade ago, a new type of cosmic ray particle was discovered, one far more energetic (and much more rare) than the more common type previously known. but the interesting thing about High-Energy Cosmic Rays, they have to originate from somewhere close...they cant whiz around the universe as the cosmic microwave background quickly sap their energy. But no one can find the source.

7) Electrostatic Levitation
Astronauts aboard the Apollo missions in the 1960s and 1970s reported a weird glow on the horizon of the Moon, one that resembled something that might occur in Earth's atmosphere. The glow actually came from the reflection of sunlight from dust particles that lift up from the Moon's surface..and here you thought it was magic.

Sunlight gives an electrostatic charge to dust particles on the Moon causing some to lift off the surface, so weird, in fact, that some of this Moon dust actually ends up on Earth.

6) The Sun's Hot Atmosphere
No I'm not taking the piss. Hold your hands near a camp-fire in its- "atmosphere," we'll say - and they get warm. The closer you get, the warmer it is. If you stick your hands in the fire (and I don't recommend it, though since when do you people listen to me anyway) you would find it even hotter.
Likewise, you might expect the Sun to be hottest in the middle, and then get cooler as you moved to the surface and then farther out. But, in fact, the temperature rises sharply in the Sun's atmosphere, called the corona. And the same is true of other stars. Weird, because there is a law that says this can't be so...but laws are there to be broken right? After many decades of research into this weird thing, scientists are only beginning to understand what might be going on, maybe it's magic again.

source
http://www.sodahead.com/living/t ... ts/question-933007/

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

评分

参与人数 1UCC +20 好评 +1 收起 理由
baiseniao + 20 + 1 Great work! WD

查看全部评分

发表于 2010-4-17 11:06:28 | 显示全部楼层
nice post. [S::victory:]
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-17 11:06:44 | 显示全部楼层
oh! nice pictures!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-17 11:08:22 | 显示全部楼层
did u guys actually read it!!

ugh!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-17 11:09:29 | 显示全部楼层
no yet, too long[S::lol:]
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-17 11:11:48 | 显示全部楼层
回复 5# Xman

i want to say i'd slap on ur face with my paw

but i'd be nice to ppl

so, read it if u like
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-17 11:16:46 | 显示全部楼层
回复 6# WDragon
actually , I have no time to read this artical , it's so long .
it's time to have my lunch. rice \ noodles \ meat \ fruits \ yogurt and so on ........
Wahahahahaha!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-17 11:21:46 | 显示全部楼层
回复 7# sghost
would u mind sharing some with me?[S::o:]
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-17 11:24:11 | 显示全部楼层
回复 8# Xman
OK! my boy! come here , and I will give you something you want. It's free!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-17 11:24:40 | 显示全部楼层
Nice pictures. It's been long since someone post something like this and this(http://bbs.deeptimes.org/forum.p ... mp;from=recommend_f)[S::lol:]
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DeepTimes.NET 太空游戏站